March 30, 2008

My Indy Car Debut

Even though I had already been to the 24 Hours of Daytona, I really considered the Indy Car Season opener at Homestead my 1st race. It was very eventful. I was so happy that he qualified second, but as it turned out his time was taken away, so i cried a little about that. Qualifying was actually the highlight of my weekend. I have my own hardcard, so i was able to go out on the grid for qualifying, and while i was out there i met Patrick Dempsey and the Firestone Firehawk. I can't really figure out which one i think is cuter. Anyway, I had a good time in Homestead and now I am headed to Sanibel Island with my cousin van for our spring break. More to come....


4 comments:

gretchen said...

Thank you for the update Makenna. It's okay to cry...we cried too! But we were all smiles to see your daddy finish in the top 5! Can't wait to hear about more Florida adventures. We love you!

Will said...

Auntie N is quite jealous you spent so much time with Patrick! Miss you lots! Your daddy did so well in Homestead! Yeah!!!!!

Aunt Traci said...

Hey Makenna! Aunt Traci likes Patrick Dempsey over the Firestone FireHawk! You must have been a little bit confused thinking that the Firehawk was your Uncle Matthew since they look so much alike! Can you say, "McDreamy"!

Anonymous said...

Makenna-- your favorite second cousin Tori says hello from South Korea. If you keep begging your mommy and daddy, they might let you come visit!